Friday, June 28, 2013

Mixing it up..."Charmed Out Of Your Basket"

Now that I have been working in lithography for a few months I'm going to start experimenting with the combination of photo litho and stone litho.  Registration nightmare here I come...This print begins with a four color process lithograph printed from photo plate...the transparencies were aligned to the iron oxide sketch on my stone using pin registration...this allowed me to work on the drawing will the first four layers of the print was drying rather than waiting for the drawing to be completed and the beginning printing.
 Draw, draw, draw
 More drawing...

 Sneaky snake...
 The drawing is complete and ready for the first etch...
 Inked up in black on the stone...now to see if my registration holds tight...if all goes well superman's face will be layered perfectly on top of jesus' face.
 It worked!
A final grey layer is printed over the stained glass imagery to pop it out from the white paper.  6 colors total.

No comments:

Post a Comment