Friday, June 28, 2013

Back to the Mezzotints!

So after my adventures in lithography I have come back to the mezzotint world.  Only now...I want color!  I took what I was doing with my lithographs and found a way to get a similar result with my mezzotints...I began to Chine-collé photo litho elements into my mezzotint/aquatints...Check em out...

Here are some of the four color process photo litho elements printed on Kitakatat paper..
These will be cut out and chine-colléd once the mezzotint plates are completed...


 Here are some of the plates I've been working on...

 I proof my plates to make sure I have all the values I want...Next up is the fun part...Editioning!

 Here are the final prints...All of which are a combination of Mezzotint, Aquatint, Lithography and Chine-Collé.
 "Bundle Of Joy, Bundle Of Sticks"
 "On Earth As It Is In Heaven"
 "The Redundant Natur Of Evil"
 "Abaddon"
"Baptéme Du Feu"

No comments:

Post a Comment