Friday, June 28, 2013

And the litho marathon continues..."Heaven's Dogs"

I am now preparing for my thesis exhibition as well as an exhibition at the Southern Graphics Council International 2013 conference in Milwaukee.  I am continuing with this series dealing with Christianity in our contemporary political society.  Here are the in progress shots for my lithograph, "Heaven's Dogs"
 I have been using this grey stone for a few months now and it has become my best friend.  I can etch my images with just about anything and it hold up...it behaves quite well after countless layers of drawing, auto graphic ink, tushe washes and sharpie flats.  I just finished up another drawing and it's ready to etch!
 Inked up in black on the stone ready for the second etch.
 Printed in "Trophies Brown" on Somerset Satin paper.
 I've printed the first antique brown and I'm getting ready for the second color...another brown..and maybe some red.
This one is done..I considered using a lot more color...but when I pulled the red layer I was quite satisfied with the minimal amount of printing utilized to achieve this image.  Some times less really is more.

No comments:

Post a Comment